Bootstrap Island is an intense, realistic VR survival game, inspired by “Robinson Crusoe” and other adventure novels.
As the sole survivor of a 17th-century shipwreck you must quickly learn and adapt to survive against vicious beasts, explore the island and improve your skills to discover the mysteries of the tropical island.
Bootstrap Island is the most realistic survival adventure you can experience without putting your life in danger!
– A ruthless roguelike experience with short intense sessions. No hand-holding, no tutorials, survive as best you can. Different strategies work, find out what tactics is best for you;
– Progression system. Surviving longer unlocks new resources and improves further chances;
– Randomized resources and consequence-based outcomes to your decisions. Every session is different, you never know what you will find and where;
– Dynamic open world game featuring realistic, simulated physics and systems-based gameplay (day and night, fire, liquid, etc., all with a direct impact on gameplay). Experiment with diverse solutions as in the real world;
– A captivating narrative, set in a 17th century storybook atmosphere. The story changes according to the player`s progress and decisions. Every player will have unique experience and story;
– Its only PC VR – to maximise the immersive experience in VR. Not a port of a console or a standalone game.
contact [at] bootstrapisland.com
Maru VR is a small indie studio that is leading VR development in Estonia. Since 2016 they have produced more than 40 location-based VR games and experiences. ‘Bootstrap Island’ is Maru VR`s first full-featured premium VR game.
Their goal is to push the boundaries of VR with new approaches to storytelling, interactive design, and gameplay in order to reach the medium’s full potential.
For more information about Maru VR visit: https://maruvr.ee